[SURBL-Discuss] WS & DS FP?

Chris Santerre csanterre at merchantsoverseas.com
Tue Aug 24 13:05:44 CEST 2004

So once again, a spammer gets 1-2 legit companies to use them, and they get
removed from all RBLs? If that is how we are going to operate, we might as
well shutdown now. Game over.

"obviously very legitimate uses for clickaction services"

SO itworld wanted to reduce there own traffic and have this legit bulk done
by a "Legit commercial email marketer". Well they picked the wrong one. This
isn't the first time we have seen this and it won't be the last.

The PROPER thing to do is inform itworld of the history of the marketer they
are dealing with.

Whitelist? No way in hell. Temp remove, sure go ahead, but they are just
going to get submitted again. Then what? Why not local whitelist then for
your site?

I'm starting to sound like the crazy SPAM-L locals :) BUt I'm tired of
having this one single argument every week. Spammer who gets legit
businesses to sign up....we need to deal with this now. Otherwise, like I
said, game over.

--Chris (Antispam nut!)