[SURBL-Discuss] WS & DS FP?

Bill Landry billl at pointshare.com
Tue Aug 24 11:25:46 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Santerre" <csanterre at merchantsoverseas.com>

> >So once again, a spammer gets 1-2 legit companies to use them,
> >and they get
> >removed from all RBLs? If that is how we are going to operate,
> >we might as
> >well shutdown now. Game over.

It's not just one or two legit companies that use clickaction, probably more
like hundreds.  As for the RBL/RHSBLs, I don't find clickaction listed in
any of them except the BLARSBL, which is one of the most aggressive:
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=clickaction.net

> >"obviously very legitimate uses for clickaction services"
> >
> >SO itworld wanted to reduce there own traffic and have this
> >legit bulk done
> >by a "Legit commercial email marketer". Well they picked the
> >wrong one. This
> >isn't the first time we have seen this and it won't be the last.

IT World opts to use a legitimate clackaction services, what's wrong with
that?

> >The PROPER thing to do is inform itworld of the history of the
> >marketer they
> >are dealing with.

Have at it, but I am sure they would dispute your assessment of clickaction.

> >Whitelist? No way in hell. Temp remove, sure go ahead, but
> >they are just
> >going to get submitted again. Then what? Why not local
> >whitelist then for
> >your site?

Because I am not the only one that uses the SURBL.  Better that you
blacklist them at your site than force everyone that uses the SURBLs to
whitelist them.

> >I'm starting to sound like the crazy SPAM-L locals :) BUt I'm tired of
> >having this one single argument every week. Spammer who gets legit
> >businesses to sign up....we need to deal with this now.
> >Otherwise, like I
> >said, game over.

Exaggeration, I'm sure...  ;-)

Bill