[SURBL-Discuss] FP on OB list

Joseph Burford joseph.burford at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 19:45:42 CEST 2004

> for your review.  At what point does one establish enough credibility that
> people on this list stop calling into question their ability to
> differentiate between spam and ham?

Good question Bill, be interesting to see what everyone thinks.

I'm all for having some sort of formalised process or procedure,
otherwise everytime someone posts to the list they will get 40
questions.

IMHO if a customer has subscribed to a mailing / advertising list,
it's legit. Opt-out rubbish that just turns up in your mailbox is the
bad stuff.

However it can be hard to tell what is borderline spam. Having people
assume you are stupid and haven't researched a FP just makes others
less willing to question FPs.

At present I couldn't be bothered wasting my time to report FPs
because of precisely this.

Regards,

Joseph