[SURBL-Discuss] a few URL blacklist sources

Daniel Quinlan quinlan at pathname.com
Mon Dec 6 00:52:31 CET 2004

A great source you probably already know about, Wiki URL blacklists,
especially the ones edited on a Wiki:

  http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de/BadContent
  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?BannedContent

Not quite sure how these are edited:

  http://spammers.chongqed.org/ or http://blacklist.chongqed.org/
  http://www.jayallen.org/blacklist.txt

Open source web proxy filter ... maybe willing to share their URL lists?
Of course, this is not a spammer list as far as I know, but perhaps it
can be used to amplify and verify SURBL whitelist (to eliminate things)
or blacklists (to cross-check an addition).

  http://www.censornet.com/

Huge list of URL blacklists:

  http://spamlinks.openrbl.org/filter-bl.htm

Worth trying something more elaborate?

  Provide the Wiki folks with a better infrastructure for banning URLs
  used in Wiki spam (which I'm fairly confident will correlate well with
  email spam).

  1. Get multiple wikis to use a standard format for bad content lists,
     feed into a SURBL-based Wiki blacklist.

  2. All SURBL blacklists can be used on supporting Wikis.

  So, SURBL gets a new blacklist (the best kind, one fed with a
  different type of source), Wikis get a much wider blacklist, etc.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/