[SURBL-Discuss] UGH.. More false positives

Ryan Thompson ryan at sasknow.com
Wed Dec 8 06:56:19 CET 2004

Jeff Chan wrote to Ryan Thompson on Tue, Dec 7th at 21:37 -0800:

> To be honest it was anything on our whitelists that were also on sc or
> any other lists.  It started from about 02:30 pacific time until I
> fixed it around 05:30.  Here are logs for yahoo and hotmail:
> [...]

Thanks Jeff. This information (especially timeline and list of domains)
will be very helpful. I'll run some reports to see if anything on our
system was tripped by this.

(We use the SC URIBL with SpamAssassin. Our tag score is 7.0 and the
score for the SC rule is 4.0, so it's unlikely in our case, unless the
message also had a high Bayes score or something). Fortunately, we
quarantine and never delete, so anything affected by this will still be
in storage.

If I find anything interesting, I'll report back.

- Ryan

--
   Ryan Thompson <ryan at sasknow.com>

         Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon