[SURBL-Discuss] Feature Request: Whitelist_DNSRBL

Alex Broens surbl at alexb.ch
Wed Dec 8 16:34:41 CET 2004

Chris Santerre wrote:
> OK, we know that the popular domains like yahoo.com and such are hard coded
> into SA to be skipped on DNSRBL lookups. But it would be great to have a
> function to add more locally.
>
> Thinking one step bigger, it would be even better to feed this a file. This
> way maybe SURBL can create a file for the top hit legit domains. Then using
> SARE and RDJ, people could update that. This would reduce a lot of traffic
> and time.
>
> This might also help with the mysterious bug we have seen where some local
> domains are being flagged as SURBL hit, when they aren't in SURBL. Perhaps
> whitelisting local domains so they are skipped would do away with this.
>
> Thoughts, suggestions, or coffee?

First, where's that coffee?

then: I keep a .cf file with a quite a few lines like.

uridnsbl_skip_domain ibill.com blabla.tld  local-boobie-site.dom

I assume that if you pick up Jeff's white list and transform that into a
.cf then we'll see the sa-blacklist effect, LOTS of ram needed.
For local domains and those you see most according to your client base
the above works fine (for me)

more coffee?

Alex