[SURBL-Discuss] Proflowers again, was: Send Holiday Flowers for $24.99 plus Beautiful Glass Vase from Proflowers (fwd)

William Stearns wstearns at pobox.com
Fri Dec 24 03:43:42 CET 2004

Good evening, Jeff, all,

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Jeff Chan wrote:

> On Thursday, December 23, 2004, 3:51:58 PM, Brett Cove wrote:
>> William Stearns wrote:
>>>     We discussed proflowers earlier this year.  To quote Jeff:

>>>     I just received 4 more spams from them, one attached.  Perhaps they
>>> just get quiet between holidays?
>>>     I'd like to place one vote for blacklisting them.  Opinions?
>
>> We've seen piles of spam promoting proflowers.com in the past two days,
>> all containing asandox.com uris and arriving via an asandox.com relay.
>> IMO asando.com (http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/sbl.lasso?query=SBL20781) is
>> the uri that should be blocked, not proflowers.com.
>
> Thank you.  That is exactly the right way to reason things.
> If asando_ is the actual spamming affiliate or whatever,
> then they should be the ones to block.

 	It raises an interesting philosophical question; is the original
company that paid for the compaign and benefits from the sales
responsible?  I don't claim to have an all-seeing answer, and would like
to hear other people's opinions.
 	Cheers,
 	- Bill

 	"Mouse movement detected.  Please reboot for changes to take
effect."