[SURBL-Discuss] Proflowers again, was: Send Holiday Flowers for $24.99 plus Beautiful Glass Vase fromProflowers (fwd)

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Fri Dec 24 07:52:07 CET 2004

On Thursday, December 23, 2004, 10:04:30 PM, Nick Askew wrote:
> I suppose it depends on the response of proflowers when they are told
> that they are being promoted via spam. If they respond that this was
> never their intention and the campaign will stop immediately then I'd
> say leave them alone. However if they don't stop the campaign then block
> them. Besides if you just block the spammer then proflowers will get the
> messages that anti spamming doesn't directly hurt them only the spammer
> and they will shift to another one.

Since the mail mentioning the actual spammers' sites is
blocked, as we have done with asandox.com and havagreatday.com,
then we have hurt their spamming effort and any benefit
proflowers may have gotten from it.  Whatever money or
affiliate bonuses or whatever proflowers may be paying to
the spammers becomes far less effective since the mail won't
get through.  I think that's a very specific and useful
effect.

Of course anyone who got the spam should **also complain to
proflowers** to let them know what they think about their
practices.