[SURBL-Discuss] RE: where to report phishing

Rob McEwen rob at powerviewsystems.com
Fri Dec 31 01:43:05 CET 2004

RE: where to report phishing

I know that this has been covered before... but it seems like it is always
in the context of a larger discussion. So, forgive me for asking when I'm
sure I could dig this up on my own...

Where should phishing be reported to?

...mailpolice?? antiphishing.org?? rulesemporium.com??, others?...

Also, should I first attempt to contact the abuse dept. of the ISP (or
relevant contact via the arin.net contact for that IP address)? ...then wait
a couple of days and only report it to third parties if the hosting provider
doesn't remove the site?

Or should I report the phish to ALL 3rd parties IMMEDIATELY?

Thanks,

Rob McEwen