[SURBL-Discuss] Why is OrgDNS listed in SURBL ?

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Tue Jul 6 18:04:12 CEST 2004

Hi!

> www.orgdns.org is not listed, but orgdns.org is. They are being abused by
> spamvertisers and people are reporting them. The main site should probably
> be put on the ignore list, but they need to clean up their abuse issues
> to truly fix the problem. The biggest offenders at the moment seem to be.
>
> gogoway.orgdns.org
> newjapan.orgdns.org

> > I wonder why www.orgdns.org ist listed in ab.surbl.org, sc.surbl.org
> > and ws.surbl.org. OrgDNS offers dynamic name services and I just found
> > an account activation notification flagged as spam by SpamAssassin,
> > based on said SURBL listings.

Exactly.

either they should start using SURBL to filter their 'service' or be
listed. Pretty easy. they are for a long time now listed in the SC data
also, and thats due to -fresh- spams. So let them clean their kitchen
first. I dont feel like whitelisting them.

Jeff could mail them, a same mail like we did with some other dynamic
services, to start educating them...

Bye,
Raymond.