[SURBL-Discuss] Timestamps (Was: Re: domain overhand1383biz-MUNGED.us)

Patrik Nilsson patrik at patrik.com
Sun Jul 11 17:08:10 CEST 2004

At 10:09 2004-07-08 -0300, Mariano Absatz wrote:
>As it didn't hit any SURBL list, I promptly checked it in
>http://www.rulesemporium.com/cgi-bin/uribl.cgi in order to submit it for
>ws.surbl.org... Much to my surprise, it said it is already listed in
>ws.surbl.org as well as in ob.surbl.org...
><...>
>maybe they were added between 1:00 AM and 9:00 AM?
>It'd be nice to have a kind of timestamp in entries (at least when checking
>them via web).

I agree.

As it is now, except for AB, it's impossible to find out if the reason that
a spam with a currently listed domain got through during recent hours was
due to detection problems or just that it's a very recent listing.

Either having an "Added:" timestamp in the TXT data, or a web page where
you can look up an ip and get information on when and why it was added,
like many RBLs have, would be a great addition.

Even a basic recent additions history page like the one AB has at
http://spamvertised.abusebutler.com/ would help a lot.

Thanks,

Patrik