[SURBL-Discuss] fp mailscanner dot info

Mariano Absatz el.baby at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 17:28:27 CEST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:12:54 -0400, Chris Santerre
<csanterre at merchantsoverseas.com> wrote:
> Fixed just now. I've informed the person who submitted it. I couldn't find
> anything bad on them. But sometimes this submitter does. I've whitelisted
> them.
>
> --Chris
(S)He'd better check that out thoroughly before... MailScanner dot
info is the official home of MailScanner, which is a (very good)
antispam/antivirus server tool... it does integrate SURBL via SA and
its great!

The possible problems your submitter might have had would be:

1) a foolish sysadmin enabling spam bounces to faked 'mail from:'
addresses which could include a default signature including
www.mailscanner-MUNGED.info (and possibly www.transtec.co.uk).

2) a joe-job.

Mariano Absatz - El Baby
el (dot) baby (AT) gmail (dot) com