[SURBL-Discuss] ws.surbl.org more FP's

David Hooton david.hooton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 01:55:27 CEST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:25:51 +0200 (CEST), Raymond Dijkxhoorn
<raymond at prolocation.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > meredith.com (magazine publisher - owner of americanbaby.com newsletter)
> > websponsors.com
> > be3a.com
> >
> > This week has been a particularly bad week for FP's :(
>
> I dont know about the other 2 but websponsors.com is not a FP. They are a
> advertising network and have a lot of people spamming to drive traffic to
> the sites they advertise. Why would you wanna whitelist that one ? Any
> specific reasons ?
>
> Perhaps look here: http://websponsors.com/affiliates.htm
>
> We have seen a LOT of mail with that one and refers to it.
>
> Its a matter of vieuw i also think, what you feel is a FP, but in this
> case i dont agree with you.

The newsletter it came in was definately not spam, it was annoying
garbage, but the user definately subscribed to it and definately wants
to recieve it regardless fo the misguided choice of advertising
network used by the publisher.

The newsletter is run through a Yahoo! Group and is called "Joke du
Jour" I have records back to the 13th of June with this newsletter
containing websponsors.com adverts.

While I agree that websponsors.com are definately involved in a lot of
garbage mailing, the ultimate goal of SURBL is to have no FP's
unfortunately their greyness probably pushes this toward being a FP
using the terms generally used by Jeff.

I'm happy to be wrong on this however!!
--
Regards,