[SURBL-Discuss] Jeff's whitelists

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Jul 14 19:32:06 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, July 14, 2004, 4:47:49 PM, Lindsay Snider wrote:
> Speaking of questionable domains, how do people feel about link-builder.com.
> I get nothing but spam from them.
> -lindsay

Their domain's been registered for about three years.  If they
were major spammers wouldn't they be shut down by now?

They may spam web site owners, but seem to have a removal
procedure:

  http://www.link-builder.com/

> # "I am not interested in linking at all - please do not contact me again".

In either case they're not whitelisted in SURBLs.

Frankly I'm a lot more interested in catching the professional
pharma, mortgage, etc. spammers who steal services, use zombies,
etc.  After they are eradicated we can go after the "annoyance"
spammers.  The worst offenders should be the top priority,
especially since the criminal spammer doesn't seem to be
stoppable in other ways.

Most quasi-legitimate companies probably can be stopped from
spamming since they are subject to the legal system and their
mostly legitimate ISP AUPs in ways that the criminal spammers
aren't.