[SURBL-Discuss] Top Rule Hits on Pre2 in the last 16 hours (fwd)

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Thu Jul 15 03:44:25 CEST 2004

On Thursday, July 15, 2004, 2:21:49 AM, Robert Brooks wrote:
> William Stearns wrote:
>> TOP SPAM RULES FIRED
>> RANK    RULE NAME                       COUNT   PERCENT
>> -> 1    URIBL_WS_SURBL                  13057     5.36%
>> -> 2    URIBL_SBL                       12907     5.30%

> does sbl.spamhaus.org work with Mail-SpamAssassin-SpamCopURI?  The few spam
> (uri) domains I've checked don't seem to return records.

sbl is not really intended to be used with message body URI
checkers like SpamCopURI or urirhsbl, but it may get a few
hits since I think Spamhaus may include a few spam URI domains
in SBL.  But the results will probably not be too useful or
productive, since it's not an intended use of sbl.spamhaus.org.

Another unintended use is to check SURBLs against message headers
(envelope senders, etc.).  That too reportedly produces a few
hits, but the results are not too overwhelming, given that most
of the entries in SURBLs will match message bodies significantly
better.

Perhaps Bill can explain in more detail what his results above
mean.