[SURBL-Discuss] Spamassassin 3 problems with SURBL

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Fri Jul 16 04:49:33 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, June 23, 2004, 3:30:24 AM, Scott Truman wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am having trouble using the new URIDNSBL plugin. I have the following in my local.cf file:

> loadplugin    Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL

> score           URIBL_WS_SURBL  3.0

> score           URIBL_SBL 3.0

> (these are previously defined in 25_uribl.cf)

> but I seem to be getting no hits with them. Is this correct?

Hi Scott,
Please use urirhsbl (note "rhs") rather than uridnsbl (note "dns").

urirhsbl is meant to be used with SURBLs since it does not do
name resolution on domains it finds in messages but just checks
them against the SURBL.

uridnsbl is intended to be used with conventional RBLs which
typically list IP addresses.  uridnsbl tries to resolve URIs it
finds into IP addresses before comparing them to the RBL.  It may
resolve NS records also.  These name resolutions have a time
cost, particularly for uncached negative results which must time
out.

Hope this helps,