[SURBL-Discuss] Fwd: Re: More on SpamCopURI busting tests

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Mon Jul 19 14:23:49 CEST 2004

This is a forwarded message
From: Bob McClure Jr <robertmcclure at earthlink.net>
To: Jeff Chan <jeffc at surbl.org>
Date: Monday, July 19, 2004, 1:15:27 PM
Subject: More on SpamCopURI busting tests

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 01:06:48PM -0700, Jeff Chan wrote:
> On Monday, July 19, 2004, 12:53:57 PM, Bob Jr wrote:
> > I have just posted this on the SourceForge page for SpamCopURI:
>
> > Here's another data point.  About a month ago I installed it on my
> > workstation and it passed all tests.  URI version is 1.28.
>
> > Today, I tried installing it on three other machines, and all required
> > a new URI and got v1.31, and SpamCopURI busted the same three tests.
>
> > Just to test the relavance of that, I upgraded URI on my workstation via CPAN, and then
> > manually did the "perl Makefile.PL", "make", and "make test" on
> > SpamCopURI, and sure enough, the three tests busted.  So apparently
> > something happened in URI between v1.28 and v.131 that's causing
> > SpamCopURI to bust the tests.
>
> Thanks for the additional data Bob.  Eric Kolve is aware of some
> of the net tests failing during installation and is working on
> a SpamCopURI install that will skip those tests if appropriate.
> (He mentions outbound port 80 being blocked as the source of the
> issue.)

Hmm.  I disagree.  For three of the machines, I _know_ there is no
port 80 blocking.

> It might be useful if you could show us which tests are failing,
> but I assume it's the same redirection-handling ones that other
> people have mentioned.

Yup.  Same set:

t/blacklist........ok
t/dnsrbl...........ok
t/extract_urls.....ok
t/mailto...........ok
t/open_redirect....#     Failed test (t/open_redirect.t at line 37)
t/open_redirect....NOK 1#     Failed test (t/open_redirect.t at line 44)
t/open_redirect....NOK 2#     Failed test (t/open_redirect.t at line 52)
t/open_redirect....ok 4/5# Looks like you failed 3 tests of 5.
t/open_redirect....dubious
        Test returned status 3 (wstat 768, 0x300)
Scalar found where operator expected at (eval 152) line 1, near "'int'  $__val"
        (Missing operator before   $__val?)
DIED. FAILED tests 1-3
        Failed 3/5 tests, 40.00% okay
t/spamcopuri.......ok
t/whitelist........ok

> Jeff C.
> --
> Jeff Chan
> mailto:jeffc at surbl.org
> http://www.surbl.org/

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
People we like the least need our love the most.