[SURBL-Discuss] RE: 6dos data into ds.surbl.org

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Tue Jul 20 01:03:50 CEST 2004

Hi!

> LOL, I don't remember half the stuff I ask :)  Actually the initial data
> that was used wasn't even the freshest from the source. This data is used in
> a much different way and is quite large! Well beyond a simple list of
> domains. I'm actually thinking it should not be used. It does contain a vast
> amount of info.
>
> I'm hoping instead, that this data source could be used for SURBL research
> in the future. When and if we get a nicer interface to it.
>
> So my official recomendation is for ds.surbl.org to go away.

We are still in testing phase, but i feel the same. Anyone else can speak
up? I have been running the list in production some time now, and i am
aware its a older list with data, but the ammount of hits is pretty low
compared to the size...

We should not forget that data is static, and to have a real test it
should be dynamic, but ... :)

Bye,
Raymond.