[SURBL-Discuss] {Spam?} RE: someone found a way to beat SURBL

Rob McEwen webmaster at powerviewsystems.com
Sun Jul 25 23:11:17 CEST 2004

RE: someone found a way to beat SURBL

They take the following url:

http://google.info/url?q=

and follow this by their own URL HTMLEncoded

The trick is for the parser to be able to find and decode this HTMLEncoded
url when gathering URLs for checking against SURBL.

I purposely did not send this to the discussion group because I didn't want
this to be "out there" for spammers to know about. However, it would be good
for the various "parser writers" for the various software programs that work
with SURBL to be aware of this.

Rob McEwen
PowerView Systems
rob at PowerViewSystems.com