{Spam?} RE: [SURBL-Discuss] Death By DNS

Rob McEwen webmaster at powerviewsystems.com
Tue Jul 27 20:39:39 CEST 2004

Jeff:

To be sure, I'm never said that the surbl servers in particular are slow.

I was simply saying that because many more lookups are required per message
when using SURBL (when compared to the traditional RBL model), much more
reliability and speed in required of one's DNS server.

I suspect that all you pros out there participating in lists.surbl.org have
such good Net/OS/Software/hardware setups that this was never a problem.
...but should someone come along and complain about SURBL lookups slowing
them down and if they are using a Windows server, that software I mentioned
will probably help.

Rob McEwen