[SURBL-Discuss] Phone Number Spam

Rob McEwen webmaster at turnaprofit.com
Wed Jul 28 14:03:55 CEST 2004

Matt,

I'll gather a list over the next week or so and I'll send them
to you. Then, I'll try to send them as I get them.

You are correct in that these types of spam are rare. But they
do expose a weakness in the system and they are more
noticeable now that so much else is blocked.

On the other hand, it has to take guts for a spammer to
expose something so traceable as a phone number within
an obvious spam message. You'd think that fear of
prosecution from authorities and/or harassment from
vigilantes would be enough of a deterrent.

Thanks,

Rob McEwen