[SURBL-Discuss] Please beta test ms.surbl.org - data from MailSecurity

Mariano Absatz el.baby at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 10:53:48 CEST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 02:35:50 -0700, Jeff Chan <jeffc at surbl.org> wrote:
> David Hooton has made available to us MailSecurity's spamvertised
> site data for public use.  I have turned that data into a SURBL
> list for testing:
>
>   ms.surbl.org
>
> This is the same company that has provided the phishing data
> currently in multi.surbl.org.
>
> Please do corpus checks, etc. but don't use it on high volume
> mail servers yet since it's only hosted on my mail server right
> now.  Please let us know what spam detection rates you get and
> particularly about false positive rates.
OK... just installed it in my own (low trafic) server... will let you
know how it goes...

> At this point we don't know if the data will stay a separate
> list, be added to multi only, get folded into ws, etc.
FWIW... it's nice to have the data separate (since I still can't
upgrade to SA3)... I also think that ph could be made a separate list
no matter it is small, I think it's not much overhead to have one
subdomain more or less... or is it?

Regards, and thanx for all you do.

--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby