[SURBL-Discuss] Please beta test ms.surbl.org - data from MailSecurity

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Thu Jul 29 19:12:52 CEST 2004

On Thursday, July 29, 2004, 11:11:40 AM, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Out of 2200 domains in the list around 800 are 'new' ones, but it seems
> they are either dead or old :) (read, not used in spam anymore?)

Yes, too I found that 1424 of the 2200 or so entries from
MailSecurity's data are also on ws.surbl.org.  That sounds
to me like the new ones should get added to ws.

But if some of those "new" ones are dead or old, we should
ask David to prune them from the data first.

I'll probably remove ms.surbl.org in a few days, hoping people
will do some more testing.

By the way, for anyone using rbldnsd and rsync, feel free to
grab ms.surbl.org.rbldnsd from the rsync server and test the
list on your production mail servers.  If you run a local copy of
the zone file, DNS is not an issue.