[SURBL-Discuss] Re: ANNOUNCE: Mail::SpamAssassin::SpamCopURI 0.18

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Jun 2 17:23:08 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, June 2, 2004, 2:10:58 PM, Lucas Albers wrote:
> I noticed this release does not have support for:

> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   drs.yahoo.com
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   rd.yahoo.com

> Why not?

> Should I just add them back in?

> I currently has these listed:
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snurl.com              *.snurl.com
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snipurl.com            *.snipurl.com
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   tinyclick.com          *.tinyclick.com
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   babyurl.com            *.babyurl.com
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   lin.kz                 *.lin.kz
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   *.v3.net
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   shorl.com              *.shorl.com
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   tinyurl.com            *.tinyurl.com
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   xurl.us

As I understand it, SpamCopURI only handles "open" redirects where
the redirected-to site is visible in the original URI.

I'm not sure why/if the yahoo redirectors came out of the list.
Perhaps Eric Kolve can comment.

"Opaque" redirection sites, which encode or otherwise obscure the
destination URI, such as tinyurl.com, are not currently handled
in SpamCopURI (SA 2.63) or urirhsbl (SA 3.0), due to potential
resource issues.  Following such redirections would incur network
access, timeouts, etc. that would probably be unusable on a mail
system with significant message volume.

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org
http://www.surbl.org/