[SURBL-Discuss] Is spamd broken?

John Andersen jsa at pen.homeip.net
Wed Jun 2 20:53:13 CEST 2004

Folks here probably remember me whining about never once
seeing a surbl hit in my spam even after wadeing thru hundreds
of  spams.

Several users gave me hints which I dutifully carried out (thanks guys).
 John Fawcett even sent me a spammer's web URI that was
guarenteed to trigger the Spamcop URI code and it did when fired
off manually with a command line like
/usr/bin/spamassassin -D -t < message-file > output-file 2>&1

BUT STILL no Surbl hits.

Just as a lark I remove the spamd line from my procmailrc and
replaced it with  /usr/bin/spamassassin -a

AND IT WORKS?

So, what's wrong with spamd?  Is it not capable of handling
anything but the basic rules?