[SURBL-Discuss] Re: rbldnsd is not responding

Ricardo ricspam at mpc.com.br
Thu Jun 3 14:45:00 CEST 2004

Hi!

> On Wednesday, June 2, 2004, 9:00:52 AM, Ricardo Ricardo wrote:
>>We are trying to setup a local rbldnsd with rsynced data to answer the
>>DNS queries, but the rbldnsd is not responding.
[...]
>>If I test our cached DNS system:
>>% nslookup adulteroticfiction-MUNGED.com.sc.surbl.org 127.0.0.1
>>*** Can't find server name for address 127.0.0.1: Query refused
>>*** Default servers are not available

Thanks for the tips! I saw that I was not doing the right test... This
one worked:

dig test.surbl.org-MUNGED.sc.surbl.org @127.0.0.1

BTW, I (think I) understand how the whole thing works, but... isn't it
possible to change SpamCopURI to resolve the names at a specific machine
ip/port, instead of changing the DNS setup? Wouldn't this be easier and
safer?

[]s!

--
... Hofstadter's Law: The time and effort required to complete a project
are always more than you expect, even when you take into account