[SURBL-Discuss] Whitelist sparklist.com

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Thu Jun 3 17:22:31 CEST 2004

Chris Santerre wrote:
> >> However, surpluscomputers.com can be blacklisted to the stoneage!
> >> ALong with softwareandstuff.com !

>  Because they sent a SPAM to me, to an email that was setup
> specifically to be used by at another site. I make alias emails for
> everything I sign up for. So I can track when this happens.

I've only just recently started doing this- I think I tried at one point
and it didn't work.  :/  I tried again last year at one point, and it
worked without any special magic or system changes I can think of.

> They used this email address, which
> they somehow got from a competitor of theirs. It was obviously not
> signed up for use with them, because I would have made a new one.
>
> So not only did they spam, but they got the address thru ill means.

Ugh.  Sadly, there seem to be a number of otherwise perfectly legit
businesses that seem to *enjoy* shooting themselves in the foot with a
grenade launcher like this.  :/

Go nuts.  They have a nice selection of high-end SCSI hard drives and a
long list of other neat things too, but I'm reconsidering spending any
more money with them.  :(

> I am
> working with the original site to find how they got it. They are NOT
> affiliates or partners.

I found them through (IIRC) an eBay auction for some mid-high-end SCSI
hard drives.

-kgd
--
"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate
technical reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken."