[SURBL-Discuss] large number of empty URIs preceeding actual one

Patrik Nilsson patrik at patrik.com
Sat Jun 5 00:17:27 CEST 2004

At 08:37 2004-06-04 -0700, Jeff Chan wrote:
>Interestingly SpamCop did parse the message correctly in terms
>of ignoring the blank anchors and finding only the clickable
>ones.

Yes, I have noted during the last few weeks that Spamcop has gone from
reporting "Too many links" in those spams to ignoring the fake ones and
catching the actual spam link, so they have obviously picked up on this.

>That said, if urirhsbl or SpamCopURI limit the number of
>URIs checked, these could sneak through.  A useful behavior
>might be to ignore any non-clickable anchors, if we're not
>already doing that.

Sometimes those spams don't have non-clickable anchors, instead using
anchors around single unusual characters, like "~" "|", etc. If there is
interest, I can forward any of these spams that I get to whoever wants to
look into them, or to the list, if it's of general interest.

Patrik