[SURBL-Discuss] Re: URI with one slash not recognised by SA/SPAMCOP_URI?

John Fawcett johnml at michaweb.net
Tue Jun 8 18:02:42 CEST 2004

From: "Menno van Bennekom"
> But http://www.rulesemporium.com/cgi-bin/uribl.cgi says that
> woodwheel.info is listed in sc.surbl.org...
> Strange thing. But I'm relieved that uri's with one slash are checked by
> Spamcopuri so what's left is BIZ_TLD (and INFO_TLD), the standard
> regexpression doesn't recognise the one slash.
> If I see more of those uri's I will change that regexp.
>
> Regards
> Menno

Indeed, if I do a command line lookup, I find an A record
for it:

dig +short woodwheel.info.sc.surbl.org
127.0.0.2

what does this return for you?

If it's working now, it could be just a zonefile
propagation delay to the secondary name
servers. (There is still one secondary ns14.surbl.org
which does not have the record at the time of writing).

Are you normally getting spam hits from surbl?

what does this return (removing MUNGED first):

dig surbl-org-permanent-test-pointMUNGED.com.sc.surbl.org

Are you running a local copy of surbld data or using the public
name servers?

John