[SURBL-Discuss] IP addresses in SURBL?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Jun 8 12:35:09 CEST 2004

On Tuesday, June 8, 2004, 11:15:33 AM, Chris Santerre wrote:
> I forgot, DO I add these into the SURBL, or do I keep IPs out
> for now and add to my BigEvil dynamic version?

Hi Chris,
Yes, please add individual IP addresses into the data that goes
into ws.surbl.org in normal, forward-octet order, for example
http://1.2.3.4/ would go into the data as 1.2.3.4.   When put
into zone files by my code, the order gets reversed to 4.3.2.1.

For ranges of IP addresses, rbldnsd can handle them, but BIND
cannot, so they are probably best handled in the regex version of
BigEvil.

IP addresses have been rare in spam URIs and I expect
that trend to continue.  Domain names are far more common.