[SURBL-Discuss] multi.surbl.org combined list available for development

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Mon Jun 14 09:24:23 CEST 2004

I've set up a bitmasked, combined SURBL list with sc, ws, and ph
data:

  multi.surbl.org

as described earlier, except that the TXT message is customized to
each entry in the list rather than generic, for example:

areyoureallysatisfied.biz       600     IN      A       127.0.0.6
        600     IN      TXT     "Blocked, areyoureallysatisfied.biz on sc, ws lists, See: http://www.surbl.org/lists.html"

aridanti.com    21600   IN      A       127.0.0.4
        21600   IN      TXT     "Blocked, aridanti.com on ws lists, See: http://www.surbl.org/lists.html"

citi-protection.info    600     IN      A       127.0.0.14
        600     IN      TXT     "Blocked, citi-protection.info on sc, ws, ph lists, See: http://www.surbl.org/lists.html"

cmbcag.biz      600     IN      A       127.0.0.2
        600     IN      TXT     "Blocked, cmbcag.biz on sc lists, See: http://www.surbl.org/lists.html"

The description of multi on the Lists page has been updated to
reflect this beta version of the list:

  http://www.surbl.org/lists.html#multi

Currently this zone is served only on my name server.  There is
no need for any name servers to carry this zone yet since there
probably won't be code to use it for a while.  Hopefully it can
be useful to the developers though.  Once the code is written to
use the combined list, we will need to get the zone out to all
the name servers.  I have not finished modifying my rbldnsd zone
file creation script, so there is only a BIND version currently.

I hope there's still some time to get support for this into the
SA 3.0.0 release.

The data is live, and inclusion in the combined list and other
parameters are all governed from control files, so they're easy
to change, for example to add future lists.

Please send me any feedback, including about the proposed wording
of the TXT message.

Cheers,

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org