[SURBL-Discuss] Re: multi.surbl.org combined list available for development

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Mon Jun 14 18:07:17 CEST 2004

On Monday, June 14, 2004, 2:45:03 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
> one thing though -- any chance you could make the returned msg a little
> more machine-readable?  ie. instead of

> Blocked, areyoureallysatisfied.biz on sc, ws lists, See: http://www.surbl.org/lists.html

> something like:

> Blocked, areyoureallysatisfied.biz, on lists [sc][ws], See: http://www.surbl.org/lists.html

> That way, we could use "\[sc\]" as a regexp to match that. Otherwise, it's
> not quite as easy to pick out from the "human-readable" part of the
> string, and possibly even might misfire -- for example if in future
> someone set up an "on" blocklist. ;)

Thanks for the feedback!.  I've made the change:

citi-protection.info    600     IN      A       127.0.0.14
        600     IN      TXT     "Blocked, citi-protection.info on lists [sc][ws][ph], See: http://www.surbl.org/lists.html"

citibank-validate.info  21600   IN      A       127.0.0.12
        21600   IN      TXT     "Blocked, citibank-validate.info on lists [ws][ph], See: http://www.surbl.org/lists.html"

citicorp-verification.com       21600   IN      A       127.0.0.12
        21600   IN      TXT     "Blocked, citicorp-verification.com on lists [ws][ph], See: http://www.surbl.org/lists.html"

However If possible I may prefer that folks process on the A
record instead of the TXT record.  To me the A record is the
more machine-relevant part.  Others, including the early
proponents of using TXT for signalling to machines, may disagree.

Also this makes the human-readable part somewhat less pretty
IMNSHO.  :-)