[SURBL-Discuss] Local RBL list?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Jun 16 14:06:22 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, June 16, 2004, 12:12:39 PM, Jeff Taylor wrote:
> I haven't been able to find this covered anywhere, but I would like to
> use both the spamcop list (which has been working pretty well) and a
> local URI blacklist in which to put my own domains that I have problems
> with.  Since I find it hard to believe I am the only one wanting to do
> this, I can only assume I must have missed the how-to somewhere along
> the way.  Can anyone lend a hand, or provide some links on how I can add
> in my own list?

Hi Jeff,
You can create and serve a list for your local use simply
by creating a zone file with a syntax like the existing SURBLs,
but with your own zone name and "host names" where the host
names are the domains (and IPs) to block on:

$TTL    28800
@       IN      SOA     YOUR_ORIGIN. YOUR_CONTACT. (
                        1087415057 600 300 604800 28800 )

@       IN      NS      YOUR_NAMESERVERS_HERE.

YOUR_DOMAIN_TO_BLOCK        IN      A       127.0.0.2
        IN      TXT     "YOUR TEXT MESSAGE HERE."
REVERSED_IP_ADDRESS_TO_BLOCK  IN      A       127.0.0.2
        IN      TXT     "YOUR TEXT MESSAGE HERE."
[...]

Then serve the zone on your local name server and use the name of
your own zone in your SA SURBL rules.