[SURBL-Discuss] squid?

Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr
Fri Jun 18 18:20:13 CEST 2004

Robert Brooks wrote:
> I couldn't find any way of using a dns blacklist such as sc.surbl.org as
> a squid acl, has anyone done this?

I use some perl scripts "wroten by myself" to block some URLs. This was
done not to block some kind of sites, but to replace some image ads by
locally stored transparent gif images (pub removal... ). I use redirector.

It's used with a locally stored URL database, but it surely may be
adapted to a DNS based database - but this gives some latency, as mail
flow doesn't interact with users in real time.

It's much easy to implement : less than a hundred lines of code. If
there is some interest, I'll post it here.

Best

  Jose Marcio MARTINS DA CRUZ           Tel. :(33) 01.40.51.93.41
  Ecole des Mines de Paris              http://j-chkmail.ensmp.fr
  60, bd Saint Michel                http://www.ensmp.fr/~martins
  75272 - PARIS CEDEX 06      mailto:Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr