[SURBL-Discuss] Hello

Dave Navarro dave at basicguru.com
Fri Jun 25 18:52:12 CEST 2004

At 6/25/2004, you wrote:
>What lists did you tst, and in what way? I think quantity should not
>matter, but quality does. Overhere its catching up 73% of my spam, i dont
>see any other RBL doing that currently.

Which lists are you checking against?  I'm getting between a 10% and 20%
catch rate.  If I change my code to check both the domain and the IP
address for each domain, that goes up to around 30%.

I added code that allows me to add my own domains and IP's to a private
blacklist.  After adding about 100 or so to the private blacklist, I find
that the catch rates goes up to 60%.  I added another 300 to my private
blacklist last night and its up to around 90%, but I did get 3 false
positives last night.

For my testing I'm simply adding an X-SPAM header and I'm only running it
against my own personal domain, none of my clients.

--Dave