[SURBL-Discuss] Re: Pruning dead domains

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Sat Jun 26 10:36:38 CEST 2004

Hi!

> > have this procedure on auto-pilot, including their "we'll look
> > into this" delay tactics.

> I agree with your point that if spammers continue to use
> dead domains in their spams we could continue to block on
> them, but I think several factors could influence that:
>
> 1.  Unusable domains do spammers no good.  They probably
> don't have much incentive to keep including them since
> they would send people to a site that doesn't work.

But if there is backlog on spamruns, and a lot of times you see runs
spread over various days, then its still annoying. The spam itself cant do
anything, url is dead, but you still get the spam. I would suggest since
the zones are somehow small anyway, to keep those and put the 31 day grace
period on those. Autoremove them after that but not earlier...

Bye,
Raymond.