[SURBL-Discuss] The beast has been fed. 6dos now in WS.surbl.org

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Mon Jun 28 17:34:35 CEST 2004

I spoke with Bill Stearns and Chris Santerre separately by
phone, and what we came up with is to put the 6dos data into a
new, separate list, reflecting that it's a larger data source
with a different philosophy behind it.  It tends to be more
inclusive than some of the other lists, meaning it may have
greater potential for false positives.  And at about 80,000
entries, it's clearly a larger list then our others, which
currently max out at about 20,000 for ob and ws (natively).
The 80,000 records in 6dos probably have *not* been hand-checked.

Chris expressed that he's becoming more comfortable using 6dos
since the author has been adding some more cross-checking of the
data, but we all agreed the data may be better in a separate
list.  Maybe I'll call it 6d or 6dos.surbl.org.

By the way Bill's server is being worked on right now, so
we don't have the ability to update ws to disable the 6dos
inclusion.  Chris will do that when he's able to next.

Until then I've reverted ws.surbl.org to an older version of
the list that I had from three days ago.  That should be
reasonably close to the pre-6dos version that was being
served before.