[SURBL-Discuss] The beast has been fed. 6dos now in WS.surbl. org

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Mon Jun 28 18:09:38 CEST 2004

On Monday, June 28, 2004, 4:54:33 PM, Chris Santerre wrote:

>>From: Jeff Chan [mailto:jeffc at surbl.org]

>>On Monday, June 28, 2004, 12:31:24 PM, Chris Santerre wrote:
>>> The '6dos' project domains have now been fed into
>>ws.surbl.org. This is a
>>> huge collection of spam domains.

>>NO!!!!!!!   DO NOT DO THIS.

> Stop yelling

Yeah sorry about that.  I'm not too comfortable with large,
unexpected changes, especially to production systems.

>>Rich's list is way too big and inaccurate for our use in terms
>>of false positives.  It will ruin SURBLs and people's use of them.

> Yes and no. But have a look at the file I posted.

Let's let the data speak for itself as people beta test it as
a separate list.

>>The huge list is probably the reason Bill's server is choking
>>now.

> Damn I hope it wasn't the list that killed it! That would suck! But size
> wise it didn't look any bigger then some of the other lists people had
> submitted.

Bill didn't seem to think it caused a problem.

...But my adding expired domains as whitelist entries
(since removed) *did* apparently cause the server grief....