[SURBL-Discuss] [SARE] Bigevil IMPORTANT update/test.

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Jun 30 03:42:11 CEST 2004

On Friday, June 25, 2004, 9:21:20 AM, Chris Santerre wrote:
> Ok guys, sorry there have been little updates to BE for a while. I have been
> working closely with SURBL project. We have got to the point where BE is now
> generated from ws.surbl.org which is what I have been contributing domains
> to instead of BE. Awaiting for this day. :)

> So we now have BE auto generated from WS.surbl.org...however this is a LOT
> more data! HUGE increase. There are now 2369 rules!

Thanks for the updates on this Chris.  I'm going to go ahead
and announce the deprecation of be.surbl.org in favor of
ws.surbl.org since ws now contains the old be domains.

I'll leave it to you to announce when BigEvil.cf turns into
the version that has the ws.surbl.org domains in it, and
further down the road when you have a heavily wildcarded
ruleset ready of the entries that can't go into ws.surbl.org.

FWIW I've stopped feeding be.surbl.org domains into
ws.surbl.org and also stopped getting BigEvil.cf and
MidEvil.cf from the rulesemporium server.  If you have
a last version of BigEvil.cf before it turns into the
large version with the ws data, please let me know and
I'll be sure to get the final version.