[SURBL-Discuss] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: procmail exited w/ EX_TEMPFAIL and stucked spamd processes

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Jun 30 10:00:30 CEST 2004

This is a forwarded message
From: Jeff Chan <jeffc at surbl.org>
To: William Stearns <wstearns at pobox.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2004, 8:45:52 AM
Subject: : Re: procmail exited w/ EX_TEMPFAIL and stucked spamd processes

On Wednesday, June 30, 2004, 7:38:42 AM, William Stearns wrote:
>> From: Damon McMahon <inst_karma at hotmail.com>

>> Are you by chance using Bill Stearn's sa-blacklist?
>>
>> Same thing happened on my mail server yesterday - it almost ground to a
>> halt, stalled procmail processes all over the place, sendmail errors
>> identical to yours - very ugly.
>>
>> Eventually traced it down to the fact that the sa-blacklist.current had
>> inadvertently quintupled (5x) in size overnight, from 1.5 to almost 7 MB in
>> size. I use daily auto-updates of this list so hadn't noticed until the
>> side-effects appeared.

>         Am I missing something?  Please take a look at
> http://www.stearns.org/sa-blacklist/sa-blacklist.current.domains
> - 23,752 domains, just
> before Chris started adding 6dos.  I relinked the last good one when I
> brought the server back up.

For generating ws.surbl.org, that's perfect, and I've re-enabled
my getting of sa-blacklist.current.domains from your server.

When Chris can get the 6dos data disabled, and you link back to
an un-6dosed but otherwise current version, I think we will be
fully functional again in terms of the ws.surbl.org generation
process.  I suppose you could rename the 6dos blacklist to
disable it also.

>         If you're using my list, what version are you using?  200406281446
> should be a safe one to use.

I was mainly referring to the folks using sa-blacklist as a cf
file, which one of the versions apparently did get several times
larger than before, presumably due to the inclusion of the 6dos
data.

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org
http://www.surbl.org/