[SURBL-Discuss] Problems with uri/_foreign

Matt Yackley sare at yackley.org
Sat May 1 11:38:56 CEST 2004

Eric Kolve said:
> Run the following test:
>

>   #!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
>   use strict;
>   use URI;
>

>   my $u = URI->new('blah://bar.com');
>
>   print ref($u),"\n";
>

> If everything works, then you will see:
>
>   URI::_foreign
>

> If this breaks, then I think you have an @INC issue.
>

> --eric
>

> On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 11:41:23AM -0500, Matt Yackley wrote:
>> Eric Kolve said:
>> > What version of URI do you have?  I may need to bump the version
>> > requirement up.
>> >
>> > You can find this out with:
>> >
>> > perl -MURI -e 'print $URI::VERSION,"\n"'
>> >

>> > --eric

>> snip
>>
>> Hi Eric,
>> Looks like my URI is version 1.30
>>
>> -matt

Hi Eric,
I was able to get the SURBL tests working! :)

I ran the test and it did report back with "URI::_foreign", so since that
was working I went back and started looking for other reasons why I was
getting the errors.  I ran some tests with "spamassassin -D rulesrun=255
-t < test.txt" and saw that when running like this the SURBL tests were
working.

The problem was that I'm running amavisd chroot'ed and it was not finding
the URI modules.  I added the following directory structure to my
amavisd-new chroot tree: "/var/amavis/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/URI"
and then copied all the contents of /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/URI"
over to it.  After copying those files over and restarting amavis,
everything is now working fine.

Thanks for your help,
matt