[SURBL-Discuss] Spamcop conflict of interest ?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sun May 2 00:33:53 CEST 2004

On Saturday, May 1, 2004, 10:35:40 PM, John Fawcett wrote:
> As long as spam will be reported through spamcop, there
> is a basis for additions to surbl. If that will no longer be
> the case, the usefulness of the surbl approach itself will
> determine its survival, with the help of alternative data
> collection mechanisms.

I assume everyone is aware that we currently have three SURBL
lists:

1. sc.surbl.org - domains from SpamCop URI reports
2. ws.surbl.org - domains from Bill Stearns' sa-blacklist
3. be.surbl.org - domains from BigEvil and MidEvil by Chris and
Paul mainly.

So we have some diversity of source data currently.  I expect
the SpamCop URI reports to keep flowing, and I'm thinking
about/working on the next version of the sc data engine
which should offer significantly improved performance.