[SURBL-Discuss] This ROCKS!

Chris Santerre csanterre at merchantsoverseas.com
Mon May 3 17:24:18 CEST 2004

Well if it counts spam and ham hits, then an S/O is but a division away ;)

>> This is to be used on some advanced rule writing we want to
>work on. It also
>> alows an admin to see what might not be worth keeping
>around. Allowing them
>> to remove poor performers and increase system speed.
>
>Sort of like http://www.pathname.com/~corpus/DETAILS.new ?

Sort of. I didn't know you guys did that nightly. Very nice. I'm looking for
a more localized process that doesn't require a run of anything. Having
counters generated means just checking totals. And even if one didn't use
the exact same rules as another, they could easily combine totals for the
ones they do.

However your method is more accurate.

>The corpora have to be sorted by humans to be accurate and runs need to
>be synchronized so everyone tests the same rules so runs only happen
>once a day, which is fast enough.
>
>We've been doing this for well over a year and it works great.  If only
>we had more active developers working on rules...

I'm not quite sure how to take that last line.

Chris Santerre
System Admin and SARE Ninja
http://www.rulesemporium.com
'It is not the strongest of the species that survives,
not the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.'
Charles Darwin Charles Darwin