[SURBL-Discuss] Proposal to add some anti-phishing data to SURBL

David Hooton djh-lists at platformhosting.com
Tue May 4 19:57:29 CEST 2004

Hi Raymond,

The list by nature will not be large.  Most phishing attacks seem to use
IP's of compromised machines or domain names which are shut down quite
quickly.  Our expiry policy is designed to keep it this way & to avoid FP's
due to old records.

We're also hoping to develop a system for ISP's/netblock owners to close
incidents once the attack has been mopped up.

> Sounds ok to me to get the list going, but first i want to complete the
> previous steps.

I think the intention was for our data to be integrated directly into
William's prior to arriving at nameservers, however Jeff is more likely to
be able to confirm this :)

Cheers!

Dave

 Pain free spam & virus protection by:          www.mailsecurity.net.au