[SURBL-Discuss] Proposal to add some anti-phishing data to SURBL

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue May 4 03:16:07 CEST 2004

On Tuesday, May 4, 2004, 2:03:11 AM, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
>> I think the intention was for our data to be integrated directly into
>> William's prior to arriving at nameservers, however Jeff is more likely to
>> be able to confirm this :)

> That would be perfect, saves the trouble of making a seperate list.

> Would only be nice for example to give a specific code back, so people see
> what the hit triggered... But thats possible, we only need to reserve a
> code in that case.

It's pretty certain we will want to do a combined list of at
least ws and sc.  As an alternative to Bill merging a phishing
list into ws, we could add it to a combined list and *not* have
it as a small, separate list.  (In other words it would obly
be available in a combined list.)  If we do the latter we could
probably give it a unique result value.

Either way is possible (i.e. merge into ws, or merge into a
combined list.):

1.  Merge into ws:  probably no specific code for phishing
2.  Merge into combined list:  could have a separate code
2a.  (With no separate list for phishing if it's small.)