[SURBL-Discuss] Re: Bug in Spamcop's surbl add-on module

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed May 5 06:26:08 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, May 5, 2004, 5:18:04 AM, Keith Hackworth wrote:
> I was installing
> a new mail server and testing the surbl lookups, but my test kept
> getting through not being marked as spam.  The test I was using was
> http://e.1asphost.com - this is on the be.surbl.org list. ...
> My logs show that the
> system is looking up 1asphost.com, which is NOT on the list.  For some
> reason, it stripped off the "e."

> It seems that spamcop's surbl doesn't handle subdomains at all.  Anyone
> else seeing this?

Hmm, it is indeed in BigEvil with the e. :

bigevil.cf:uri BigEvilList_181     /\b(?:extreme-rapes\.com|excaliburproducts\.c
om|evansezmoney\.estarnetwork\.com|enjoyadvanced097\.org|emedorders\.com|email\.
homemadesimple\.com|ehostzzz\.net|e-g\.com|efreedomweb\.net|ecredibledeals\.com|
echofrompeople\.com|e\.1asphost\.com)\b/i

and it's therefore making it into be.surbl.org with the e. :

bigevil.domains:e.1asphost.com

However we should be taking off the subdomain before it goes into
the SURBL form.  I'll need to check with Chris on how we can
handle that.

BTW, SURBL is not a SpamCop project, although we are using
SpamCop URI domains as a data source in the sc.surbl.org list.

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org
http://www.surbl.org/