[SURBL-Discuss] Fwd: URI's not recognized

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Fri May 7 04:40:45 CEST 2004

This is a forwarded message
From: Menno van Bennekom <mvbengro at xs4all.nl>
To: spamassassin-users at incubator.apache.org
Date: Friday, May 7, 2004, 3:35:37 AM
Subject: URI's not recognized

Hi,

I have problems getting URI's recognized by SpamAssassin 2.63
(postfix/amavisd-new).

At first redirects like this were not recognized:
http://rd.yahoo.com*http://spammer.spam.biz
So I removed ^ from the BIZ expression:
uri BIZ_TLD  /(?:https?:\/\/|mailto:)[^\/]+\.biz(?:\/|$)/i

Still the following was not recognized:
Because of the 3D (and other stuff spammers put there lately).
Only by changing 'uri BIZ_TLD' to 'body BIZ_TLD' it gets recognized.
But I use SpamCopURI and that also doesn't recognize URI's with things in
front of http.
And I can't tell SpamCopURI to use the 'body' check instead or uri..
How can I make the URI subroutine recognize these URI's?
Would using SpamAssassin v3.0 help?

Thanks
Menno