[SURBL-Discuss] SpamCopURI rpms

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Mon May 10 15:14:36 CEST 2004

Robert Brooks wrote:
> I've created binary and source rpms which can be found here:
> http://www.elvis.demon.co.uk/SpamCopURI/

I looked at doing this (I've been building by own variants of the main
SA RPMs for a while, as well as several other programs and collections
of personal scripts)...

> Note it is likely you will have to --force the install so that the
> common files with SpamAssassin are replaced.

... but decided not to build a separate package for exactly this reason.

Instead, I integrated the SpamCopURI tarball into my SpamAssassin
package.  (I also had to add some packaging tweaks to get the basic SA
build to go correctly.)  The binary packages and the source package I've
built should be available at ftp://ftp.deepnet.cx/pub/devel/WBEL or
http://ftp.deepnet.cx/pub/devel/WBEL.  Works For Me, YMMV.

> It is _strongly
> recommended_ that you build from the source rpm on your system as the
> binaries are built on RedHat 7.3 and may not suit your systems.

This applies generally to any package not built on your particular
rpm-based distro- if nothing else, it may reveal a missing dependency.
<g>

It also shows up any changes in the general system environment- users on
RH8/9, RHEL, Fedora, White Box, or any other recent closely
RedHat-derived distro will probably see LANG environment problems with
your package.  :/

-kgd
--
"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate
technical reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken."