[SURBL-Discuss] Whitelist discussion

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Thu May 13 14:57:27 CEST 2004

On Thursday, May 13, 2004, 8:44:20 AM, Doc Schneider wrote:

> Chris Santerre wrote:
>> So what do we do with candidates for whitelists? Also, what do we do with
>> things that should NOT be whitelisted, but NOT reported as spam? Examples
>> are cacheing services. Which are often used by spammers for images, but
>> legit as well.
>>
>> I think images.exactis.com is one. And of course we have all the akamai.net
>> servers.

> And also on this discussion. I do believe Jeff is keeping a white list
> of domains not to be included in any of the blacklists.

Yes, all legitimate domains and redirection services, content
peering networks, etc. should be whitelisted, at least for use
in SURBLs (i.e. other people may have differing uses).

We want to make sure any mostly legitimate domains stay off the
blacklists.  Preventing FPs should be a top priority along with
handling spam domains.