[SURBL-Discuss] Heads up: new open redirecters and new spammertrick for urls

John Fawcett johnml at michaweb.net
Sun May 16 17:51:47 CEST 2004

From: "David Coulson"
> John Fawcett wrote:
> > Here's the URL. I didn't even munge it, since it should get
> > past the filters.
>
> I get a forbidden error from Yahoo when I go to that URL - Certainly
> doesn't seem to work too well as a redirector.
>
> David

Still works for me (in MSI Explorer 6).

Because the mailing list software has folded the
url onto mutliple lines, I had to painstakingly copy
and paste the separate parts into the browser to
recompose the whole url before clicking enter
(or use a text editor to do the same job)

In the original spam message it was all much more
straightforward. I just clicked the link.

Out of curiosity, I just tried it out with Opera and
that has the same issues as MSIE and redirects
to the spam site without difficulty.

Instead, Firefox was not fooled: like spamcopuri
it gets a forbidden error and does not redirect.

John